Wondering where to shop this holiday season? Get ready! It’s time for a SHOPPING SPREE! On this Saturday, November 27, 2021, we celebrate Small Business Saturday. It’s an annual event that encourages consumers to shop locally in person and at small businesses online. It’s a very fun and exciting day to participate and show your support to the community.
Did you know that last year, spending on Small Business Saturday reached a record high of $19.8 billion? It’s become one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday season.
Why Small Business Saturday is Important to Vital Pet Life?
● We’re a small family-owned business that loves our customer community and are so grateful for their support. Our goal is to enrich the lives of pets and their families by providing clean, mindfully formulated and sustainably sourced products.
● Many small businesses have been impacted by the last 18 months because of the global pandemic. This day is a celebration for all small business owners who had to pivot to survive in the new normal.
● These entrepreneurs are your friends and neighbors. They know their customers by name. Currently, they face not only the stresses of living through a global pandemic but also grappling with ever-changing logistical challenges and price inflations.
● Buy your friend a sweater, grab a latte at your fav corner cafe, support these small businesses! It means so much to all of us with small businesses. 💙
When Did Small Business Saturday Start?
● Small Business Saturday was started in 2010 by American Express. AMEX supports the cause to highlight the importance of shopping at local small businesses that are the backbone of the nation’s economy.
● Check out this easy-to-use interactive map to find all your local spots!
Go out & support your community!
● Why support local?
Local business is essential for our economy. They bring growth, innovation and create jobs in our communities. They’re more accountable to their local communities and donate more money to nonprofits.
● What does it mean to support your local businesses?
It shows you care about your local community. It’ll give your local economy a chance to thrive, create more jobs, and innovate.
Here are some ways on how you can show support to local businesses
1. Share with your family and friends your favorite local stores and why you patronize them.
2. As businesses are now competing for an online presence; liking and following local businesses that interest you will benefit small business owners. You can post the products and services offered by the local businesses on your social media accounts. Give them a supportive shout-out, it’ll mean a lot to them!
3. Purchase a holiday or birthday present at a local gift shop. Oftentimes, local stores offer big discounts during these holiday months and from time to time so you can save a lot of money when you make a purchase.
4. Some small businesses with brick & mortar stores have created an online presence during the last 18 months. What a perfect time to support these owners that adapted to the new normal and continue buying from them.
Supporting small businesses will not only help to grow your community but you’ll discover great products as well. 😊
What’s your favorite local store? We’d love to know!
Be sure to share your Small Biz Saturday shopping adventures and pictures with us on social media! Tag us @vitalpetlife and use the hashtags #ShopSmall