Starting a company can be challenging but following our passion for providing clean, trustworthy and sustainable wellness products for your fur babies has kept us going. We’re proud of our formulation process; we research tirelessly and source the highest quality, most effective and sustainable ingredients available. We do this to ensure potency, purity and traceability from plant to product, keeping your fur babies healthy for their entire life! Our goal is to unlock your pets HAPPINESS, VIBRANCE, and LONGEVITY.
If you'd like to take a walk down memory lane, here are some of our memorable milestones we're super proud of...
- As most people already know, VPL began with the search for a non-GMO, toxin-free remedy for our dog Tuxedo's dry skin and coat. Kyle and I began researching and formulating safe, toxin-free solutions beginning with our Salmon Oil. Tuxedo’s dramatic improvement inspired us to start our business.
- We launch our 16oz Salmon Oil. Having it produced from wild salmon caught off the coast of Alaska, ensures the best quality for salmon oil supplements.
- 32oz Salmon Oil was launched!
- This is a growth year for us at Vital Pet Life. Salmon Oil is gaining popularity among pet owners and our VPL community. We begin researching and developing another product to add to our line. We formulate and introduce our wildly popular Oatmeal Aloe Shampoo. It contains Oatmeal, Aloe Vera, and Jojoba Oil, all natural compounds that help moisturize and soften pets’ coats keeping them velvety, shiny, and smooth.
- VPL also launches Glucosamine which helps pets naturally rebuild cartilage. It has anti-inflammatory effects that help relieve arthritis and hip and joint pain.
- Forbes features our Vital Pet Life success story. I shared my journey of how it all began in Forbes’ From Side Hustle To Million Dollar Plus Business
- In May of 2019, Donie Yamamoto was selected as one of the 50 Fellows the 2019 Tory Burch Foundation Program.
- I felt honored to be included in this article in Entrepreneur about female founders and what we do to create an amazing work culture. Check it out here: 10 Successful Women Leaders Share What They Do to Create A Fantastic Work Culture
- We are proud that Vital Pet Life is Women-Owned - WBENC
- Another milestone is when our Salmon oil is certified 100% sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) ensuring that our salmon for our Salmon Oil is caught in a sustainable way, guaranteeing healthy oceans and safeguarding seafood supplies for the future.The MSC blue fish label is only applied to wild fish from fisheries that have been certified to the MSC Fisheries Standard, a science-based set of requirements for sustainable fishing.
- Our Fish Oil has received a lot of positive feedback since we’ve launched it. The MSC certified blend of salmon and pollock oil is produced from wild fish caught off the coast of Alaska.
- Launched our Mobility Powder. Human Grade, Pure, and Sustainably sourced!
- We rebranded our Wellness Program into the Happy Tails Club!